Mishra cremated with state honour
Patna: The mortal remains of BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra was on Sunday consigned to flames at the Digha ghat here on the bank of river Ganga with full state honour.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan were among prominent persons who attended the cremation.
Mishra`s body was taken by a flower-bedecked vehicle and kept at the state legislature and BJP office for paying final respect by his supporters before being taken to the Dight ghat where his younger grandson Shalesh Mishra lit the funeral pyre.
The veteran BJP leader died yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India