Mishra cremated with state honour
Patna: The mortal remains of BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra was on Sunday consigned to flames at the Digha ghat here on the bank of river Ganga with full state honour.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan were among prominent persons who attended the cremation.
Mishra`s body was taken by a flower-bedecked vehicle and kept at the state legislature and BJP office for paying final respect by his supporters before being taken to the Dight ghat where his younger grandson Shalesh Mishra lit the funeral pyre.
The veteran BJP leader died yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata