Mishra cremated with state honour
Patna: The mortal remains of BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra was on Sunday consigned to flames at the Digha ghat here on the bank of river Ganga with full state honour.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan were among prominent persons who attended the cremation.
Mishra`s body was taken by a flower-bedecked vehicle and kept at the state legislature and BJP office for paying final respect by his supporters before being taken to the Dight ghat where his younger grandson Shalesh Mishra lit the funeral pyre.
The veteran BJP leader died yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured