Mishra cremated with state honour
Patna: The mortal remains of BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra was on Sunday consigned to flames at the Digha ghat here on the bank of river Ganga with full state honour.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan were among prominent persons who attended the cremation.
Mishra`s body was taken by a flower-bedecked vehicle and kept at the state legislature and BJP office for paying final respect by his supporters before being taken to the Dight ghat where his younger grandson Shalesh Mishra lit the funeral pyre.
The veteran BJP leader died yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir