Mishra cremated with state honour
Patna: The mortal remains of BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra was on Sunday consigned to flames at the Digha ghat here on the bank of river Ganga with full state honour.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan were among prominent persons who attended the cremation.
Mishra`s body was taken by a flower-bedecked vehicle and kept at the state legislature and BJP office for paying final respect by his supporters before being taken to the Dight ghat where his younger grandson Shalesh Mishra lit the funeral pyre.
The veteran BJP leader died yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh