Missing girl’s parents not cooperating: Minister
Patna: Amid hue and cry being raised alleging shoddy probe in the Navruna missing case, the state government on Thursday blamed the girl`s parents for not cooperating in investigation by refusing to give blood for DNA test on a skeleton of a girl recovered from near their house in Muzaffarpur.
"The missing girl Navruna Chakravorty`s parents (Amulya and Maitri) have refused to give blood to match with that of a skeleton of a girl appearing to be nearly identical to the missing girl.....What could police or any other agency do if the parents` don`t cooperate in probe of the case?" Minister In-charge of Home Department Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said in the Legislative Assembly.
The parents` stand to refuse giving blood sample to police for matching with the skeleton of a girl was baffling to say the least, he said and urged the aggrieved Chakravortis to cooperate with the investigation.
Chaudhary did not agree with the demand by Navruna`s parents and Leader of Opposition in the legislative assembly Abdul Bari Siddique for a CBI probe in the missing girl case saying that there was a standard process of investigation by all agencies.
The minister described as selective Navruna`s parents` remarks expressing lack of faith in the Muzaffarpur police and state agencies to probe the matter to logical conclusion.
Demanding a CBI probe he said that they had no problem in lodging a case at the local police station and cooperating with the investigation in the initial stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj