Missing girl’s parents not cooperating: Minister
Patna: Amid hue and cry being raised alleging shoddy probe in the Navruna missing case, the state government on Thursday blamed the girl`s parents for not cooperating in investigation by refusing to give blood for DNA test on a skeleton of a girl recovered from near their house in Muzaffarpur.
"The missing girl Navruna Chakravorty`s parents (Amulya and Maitri) have refused to give blood to match with that of a skeleton of a girl appearing to be nearly identical to the missing girl.....What could police or any other agency do if the parents` don`t cooperate in probe of the case?" Minister In-charge of Home Department Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said in the Legislative Assembly.
The parents` stand to refuse giving blood sample to police for matching with the skeleton of a girl was baffling to say the least, he said and urged the aggrieved Chakravortis to cooperate with the investigation.
Chaudhary did not agree with the demand by Navruna`s parents and Leader of Opposition in the legislative assembly Abdul Bari Siddique for a CBI probe in the missing girl case saying that there was a standard process of investigation by all agencies.
The minister described as selective Navruna`s parents` remarks expressing lack of faith in the Muzaffarpur police and state agencies to probe the matter to logical conclusion.
Demanding a CBI probe he said that they had no problem in lodging a case at the local police station and cooperating with the investigation in the initial stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY