Missing Navruna’s mother meets Nitish Kumar in Bihar
Patna: With a hope to see her daughter again following her mysterious disappearance from her house in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur town about an year ago, the missing girl Navruna`s mother on Monday met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and demanded a CBI probe in the matter.
Accompanied by her another daughter, Maitri Chakravarti, mother of Navruna, met the Chief Minister at his "Janata Ke Durbar mein Mukhyamantri" programme and submitted a petition urging him to recommend a CBI probe into the mysterious disappearance of her 12 year-old daughter.
She narrated to Kumar the entire sequence of events of the fateful night of September 18, 2012 when Navruna had disappeared from their house in Muzaffarpur town and the family`s ordeal for the past one year in finding her and its crusade for justice.
The Chief Minister heard Chakravarti, mother of Navruna, patiently before handing over her application to the Director General of Police (DGP)Abhayanand and Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani for perusal and action.
When asked whether the state government will recommend CBI probe, Subhani said that he will consider the request and take necessary action.
It may be mentioned that the 12 year-old girl, a Class VII student of St. Xavior public school in Muzaffarpur had gone missing from her house located in Ghirnipokhar locality under Town police station area on September 18 last year.
The state government had ordered a CID probe in the matter, but no no headway in the probe could be made as Navruna`s parents refused to cooperate with investigation and provide blood sample for DNA test so as to match the same with corpse of a girl which was said to be of the same age as that of the missing girl.
Navruna`s family has also petitioned the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and the Union Home Ministry for a CBI probe into the missing case, but the central government too was yet to take any decision on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!