Missing schoolgirl: Bihar again asks for CBI probe
Patna: The Bihar government Monday again asked for a CBI probe into the abduction of a schoolgirl, four days after her mother sat on a fast-unto-death demanding the recovery of her daughter.
Bihar home secretary Amir Subhani said the state government has requested the CBI to reconsider its decision to inquire into the case. "We hope CBI may accept the case this time," Subhani told mediapersons here.
Last month, in a major setback to the parents of the schoolgirl, abducted Sep 18, 2012 from her home in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, the CBI refused to probe the case.
The CBI returned the file of the case recommended for a probe by the state government last September. After the family of the schoolgirl met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his janata darbar and demanded a CBI probe into the case, the government has heeded to their plea.
The missing girl, a Class 7 student of a public school in Muzaffarpur, was abducted from her home. Her name is being withheld for legal reasons.
Her father said it was good to hear the state government once again recommended for a CBI probe into the case.
He said property dealers abducted his daughter since he refused to give up prime land in Muzaffarpur.
Earlier, the state government handed over the investigation to the crime investigation department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi