Missing schoolgirl: Bihar again asks for CBI probe
Patna: The Bihar government Monday again asked for a CBI probe into the abduction of a schoolgirl, four days after her mother sat on a fast-unto-death demanding the recovery of her daughter.
Bihar home secretary Amir Subhani said the state government has requested the CBI to reconsider its decision to inquire into the case. "We hope CBI may accept the case this time," Subhani told mediapersons here.
Last month, in a major setback to the parents of the schoolgirl, abducted Sep 18, 2012 from her home in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, the CBI refused to probe the case.
The CBI returned the file of the case recommended for a probe by the state government last September. After the family of the schoolgirl met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his janata darbar and demanded a CBI probe into the case, the government has heeded to their plea.
The missing girl, a Class 7 student of a public school in Muzaffarpur, was abducted from her home. Her name is being withheld for legal reasons.
Her father said it was good to hear the state government once again recommended for a CBI probe into the case.
He said property dealers abducted his daughter since he refused to give up prime land in Muzaffarpur.
Earlier, the state government handed over the investigation to the crime investigation department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day