MLAs proposed Uday for RS poll due to ignorance: Cong
Patna: The Congress` Bihar unit today claimed
that its three MLAs had proposed the candidature of
Bangalore-based industrial BG Uday for Rajya Sabha polls
apparently due to their ignorance of the high command
directive not to support any candidate.
The three Congress MLAs were unaware of the party high
command`s decision against backing any candidate for the
biennial Rajya Sabha polls for five seats from Bihar, Congress
Legislature Party (CLP) leader Ashok Ram said told reporters
The directive of the high command was received by the
state unit of the Congress, but the same could not not be
communicated to its 10 MLAs in the state in time, Ram said.
The party asked them to rescind their support, the CLP
The three Congress MLAs - Abdul Jaleel Mastan, Md Tausif
Alam and Md Khursheed - had yesterday backed the
industrialist`s candidature for Rajya Sabha polls.
Besides the three Congress MLAs, Uday`s candidature
was proposed by four BSP and three independent MLAs for the
June 17 polls to five seats.
Uday`s entry as the sixth candidate may force elections.
The scrutiny of nomination papers will take place tomorrow,
while the last date of withdrawal of candidature is June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India