MNREGA workers stage demonstration demanding regularisation
Patna: About 700 people agitating under the
banner of the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), an
apex body of MNREGA workforce, today staged demonstration here
seeking implementation of their five-point demand.
The agitators shouted slogans against the government
and blocked road traffic for over five hours and paralysed
vehicular traffic near Dak Bangla road in support of their
The agitators were demanding an audience with Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar to hear their grievances.
The major demand of the MNREGA workers included
regularisation of service, TA/DA and other financial benefits.
As the situation appeared to get out of control, the
cops lathicharged the agitators to successfully disperse
them,, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) LM Sharma
No protester was injured, he said, adding that five
of them have been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea