MNREGA workers stage demonstration demanding regularisation
Patna: About 700 people agitating under the
banner of the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), an
apex body of MNREGA workforce, today staged demonstration here
seeking implementation of their five-point demand.
The agitators shouted slogans against the government
and blocked road traffic for over five hours and paralysed
vehicular traffic near Dak Bangla road in support of their
The agitators were demanding an audience with Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar to hear their grievances.
The major demand of the MNREGA workers included
regularisation of service, TA/DA and other financial benefits.
As the situation appeared to get out of control, the
cops lathicharged the agitators to successfully disperse
them,, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) LM Sharma
No protester was injured, he said, adding that five
of them have been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened