MNREGA workers stage demonstration demanding regularisation
Patna: About 700 people agitating under the
banner of the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), an
apex body of MNREGA workforce, today staged demonstration here
seeking implementation of their five-point demand.
The agitators shouted slogans against the government
and blocked road traffic for over five hours and paralysed
vehicular traffic near Dak Bangla road in support of their
The agitators were demanding an audience with Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar to hear their grievances.
The major demand of the MNREGA workers included
regularisation of service, TA/DA and other financial benefits.
As the situation appeared to get out of control, the
cops lathicharged the agitators to successfully disperse
them,, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) LM Sharma
No protester was injured, he said, adding that five
of them have been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PAC takes up CAG report on AgustaWestland issue
- Turkey party seeks constitutional change to boost Erdogan
- Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna in men's doubles third round at Roland Garros
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...