MNREGA workers stage demonstration demanding regularisation
Patna: About 700 people agitating under the
banner of the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), an
apex body of MNREGA workforce, today staged demonstration here
seeking implementation of their five-point demand.
The agitators shouted slogans against the government
and blocked road traffic for over five hours and paralysed
vehicular traffic near Dak Bangla road in support of their
The agitators were demanding an audience with Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar to hear their grievances.
The major demand of the MNREGA workers included
regularisation of service, TA/DA and other financial benefits.
As the situation appeared to get out of control, the
cops lathicharged the agitators to successfully disperse
them,, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) LM Sharma
No protester was injured, he said, adding that five
of them have been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi