Mob assaults two cops in Bihar
Katihar (Bihar): A mob Wednesday assaulted two policemen and snatched a service revolver and a mobile phone at Chaphari Sel village in Purnea district.
The incident occurred when the Phakla police station house officer Aslam Sher Ansari and a constable had gone to the village to arrest a dacoity case accused Md Mokhatar hiding in his in-law`s place there.
Both the policemen were thrashed by a mob which snatched Ansari`s service revolver and mobile phone, Katihar`s Superintendent of Police Chhatranil Singh said.
Police officials of Purnea district rescued the two policemen and persuaded the mob to return the SHO`s service revolver and mobile phone, he said.
The Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Katihar, Rakesh Kumar with senior police officials of Purnea district were camping in the village to monitor the situation, Singh said.
Meanwhile, Mokhtar, wanted in a dacoity case in Phuldobhi village under Phalka police station area last year, managed to escape, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'