Mob lynches man
Jamui: A mob today lynched a man in Matsedih village in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said.
The deceased, identified as Jalo Yadav (60), was trying to escape the policemen pursuing his arrest, when a crowd of villages caught hold of him and mercilessly beat him, Chakai police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Durgesh Ram said.
Yadav died on way to being taken to a hospital in Deoghar, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, Ram said.
Yadav was wanted by the police in a case in which he had been absconding for several years, the SHO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter