Mob sets hospital on fire after patient`s death
Sitamarhi: Irate villagers ransacked the Sadar hospital in the district and set it on fire following the death of a woman patient allegedly due to doctors` negligence, police said on Sunday.
The doctors` room, operation theatre and AC room were destroyed in the fire affecting normal functioning of the hospital.
Sofia Khatun of Madaripur village in Bajpatti block delivered a baby boy at the hospital yesterday and was discharged by the hospital authorities.
However, on reaching home she suffered from excessive bleeding and was rushed back to the hospital where she died during treatment late last night, the sources said.
Alleging that she died due to negligence, a group of villagers ransacked the hospital and torched the doctors` room, AC room and operation theatre, the sources said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons in connection with the violence and arson at the hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam