Mob sets hospital on fire after patient`s death
Sitamarhi: Irate villagers ransacked the Sadar hospital in the district and set it on fire following the death of a woman patient allegedly due to doctors` negligence, police said on Sunday.
The doctors` room, operation theatre and AC room were destroyed in the fire affecting normal functioning of the hospital.
Sofia Khatun of Madaripur village in Bajpatti block delivered a baby boy at the hospital yesterday and was discharged by the hospital authorities.
However, on reaching home she suffered from excessive bleeding and was rushed back to the hospital where she died during treatment late last night, the sources said.
Alleging that she died due to negligence, a group of villagers ransacked the hospital and torched the doctors` room, AC room and operation theatre, the sources said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons in connection with the violence and arson at the hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch