Mob sets hospital on fire after patient`s death
Sitamarhi: Irate villagers ransacked the Sadar hospital in the district and set it on fire following the death of a woman patient allegedly due to doctors` negligence, police said on Sunday.
The doctors` room, operation theatre and AC room were destroyed in the fire affecting normal functioning of the hospital.
Sofia Khatun of Madaripur village in Bajpatti block delivered a baby boy at the hospital yesterday and was discharged by the hospital authorities.
However, on reaching home she suffered from excessive bleeding and was rushed back to the hospital where she died during treatment late last night, the sources said.
Alleging that she died due to negligence, a group of villagers ransacked the hospital and torched the doctors` room, AC room and operation theatre, the sources said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons in connection with the violence and arson at the hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users