Mob sets hospital on fire after patient`s death
Sitamarhi: Irate villagers ransacked the Sadar hospital in the district and set it on fire following the death of a woman patient allegedly due to doctors` negligence, police said on Sunday.
The doctors` room, operation theatre and AC room were destroyed in the fire affecting normal functioning of the hospital.
Sofia Khatun of Madaripur village in Bajpatti block delivered a baby boy at the hospital yesterday and was discharged by the hospital authorities.
However, on reaching home she suffered from excessive bleeding and was rushed back to the hospital where she died during treatment late last night, the sources said.
Alleging that she died due to negligence, a group of villagers ransacked the hospital and torched the doctors` room, AC room and operation theatre, the sources said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified persons in connection with the violence and arson at the hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon