Mobile phones, knives seized from jails in Bihar
Jamui/Munger: The district authorities on Sunday seized a haul of objectionable and banned items from the jails in Bihar`s Jamui and Munger districts, official sources said.
Acting on the instruction of Jamui`s District Magistrate Shashikant Tiwary, Superintendent of Police Deepak Barnwal and Sub-Divisional Officer Ramendra Kumar carried out a search in the district prison premises and seized four mobile phones, chargers, knives, Ganja, tobacco, bidi and cigarettes from the cells of the inmates, the sources said.
Among other items, a diary was seized in which the mobile phone numbers of some influential persons were found to be jotted down on the pages, they said.
In their report to the DM, the SP and SDO have recommended for removal of the jailer and his deputy in view of recovery of objectionable items from the prison cells, the sources said.
Meanwhile, five mobile phones were seized from the district jail premises in Munger district during a search by the officials, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress