Mobile phones, knives seized from jails in Bihar
Jamui/Munger: The district authorities on Sunday seized a haul of objectionable and banned items from the jails in Bihar`s Jamui and Munger districts, official sources said.
Acting on the instruction of Jamui`s District Magistrate Shashikant Tiwary, Superintendent of Police Deepak Barnwal and Sub-Divisional Officer Ramendra Kumar carried out a search in the district prison premises and seized four mobile phones, chargers, knives, Ganja, tobacco, bidi and cigarettes from the cells of the inmates, the sources said.
Among other items, a diary was seized in which the mobile phone numbers of some influential persons were found to be jotted down on the pages, they said.
In their report to the DM, the SP and SDO have recommended for removal of the jailer and his deputy in view of recovery of objectionable items from the prison cells, the sources said.
Meanwhile, five mobile phones were seized from the district jail premises in Munger district during a search by the officials, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij