Mobile seized from Shahbuddin in raids in jail before Maharajganj by-poll
Siwan: Two mobile phones, including one from incarcerated RJD leader Mohammad Shahbuddin were seized during raids in Siwan jail on Saturday on the eve of by-poll for Maharajganj Lok Sabha seat.
A mobile phone and two sim cards have been seized from cell of Shahbuddin, police sources said adding an another cell phone and a sim card was found from other prisoner.
Police has been conducting raids consecutively for the past two days in Siwan jail in view of by-election to Maharajganj constituency slated for tomorrow.
Shahbuddin, a former RJD MP and a known strongman of Siwan, has been in Siwan jail in various cases of kidnapping and murder registered against him in the past.
Raids in jail followed reports of threat being issued by prisoners for supporting their respective candidates.
Voting for Maharajganj by-poll which is witnessing a triangular contest between JD(U) P K Shahi, RJD Prabhunath Singh and Congress Jitendra Swami will be held tomorrow.
Results would be declared on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'