Mobile seized from Shahbuddin in raids in jail before Maharajganj by-poll
Siwan: Two mobile phones, including one from incarcerated RJD leader Mohammad Shahbuddin were seized during raids in Siwan jail on Saturday on the eve of by-poll for Maharajganj Lok Sabha seat.
A mobile phone and two sim cards have been seized from cell of Shahbuddin, police sources said adding an another cell phone and a sim card was found from other prisoner.
Police has been conducting raids consecutively for the past two days in Siwan jail in view of by-election to Maharajganj constituency slated for tomorrow.
Shahbuddin, a former RJD MP and a known strongman of Siwan, has been in Siwan jail in various cases of kidnapping and murder registered against him in the past.
Raids in jail followed reports of threat being issued by prisoners for supporting their respective candidates.
Voting for Maharajganj by-poll which is witnessing a triangular contest between JD(U) P K Shahi, RJD Prabhunath Singh and Congress Jitendra Swami will be held tomorrow.
Results would be declared on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH