Mobile seized from Shahbuddin in raids in jail before Maharajganj by-poll
Siwan: Two mobile phones, including one from incarcerated RJD leader Mohammad Shahbuddin were seized during raids in Siwan jail on Saturday on the eve of by-poll for Maharajganj Lok Sabha seat.
A mobile phone and two sim cards have been seized from cell of Shahbuddin, police sources said adding an another cell phone and a sim card was found from other prisoner.
Police has been conducting raids consecutively for the past two days in Siwan jail in view of by-election to Maharajganj constituency slated for tomorrow.
Shahbuddin, a former RJD MP and a known strongman of Siwan, has been in Siwan jail in various cases of kidnapping and murder registered against him in the past.
Raids in jail followed reports of threat being issued by prisoners for supporting their respective candidates.
Voting for Maharajganj by-poll which is witnessing a triangular contest between JD(U) P K Shahi, RJD Prabhunath Singh and Congress Jitendra Swami will be held tomorrow.
Results would be declared on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police