Mobile seized from Shahbuddin in raids in jail before Maharajganj by-poll
Siwan: Two mobile phones, including one from incarcerated RJD leader Mohammad Shahbuddin were seized during raids in Siwan jail on Saturday on the eve of by-poll for Maharajganj Lok Sabha seat.
A mobile phone and two sim cards have been seized from cell of Shahbuddin, police sources said adding an another cell phone and a sim card was found from other prisoner.
Police has been conducting raids consecutively for the past two days in Siwan jail in view of by-election to Maharajganj constituency slated for tomorrow.
Shahbuddin, a former RJD MP and a known strongman of Siwan, has been in Siwan jail in various cases of kidnapping and murder registered against him in the past.
Raids in jail followed reports of threat being issued by prisoners for supporting their respective candidates.
Voting for Maharajganj by-poll which is witnessing a triangular contest between JD(U) P K Shahi, RJD Prabhunath Singh and Congress Jitendra Swami will be held tomorrow.
Results would be declared on June 5.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India