Mobile seized from Shahbuddin in raids in jail before Maharajganj by-poll
Siwan: Two mobile phones, including one from incarcerated RJD leader Mohammad Shahbuddin were seized during raids in Siwan jail on Saturday on the eve of by-poll for Maharajganj Lok Sabha seat.
A mobile phone and two sim cards have been seized from cell of Shahbuddin, police sources said adding an another cell phone and a sim card was found from other prisoner.
Police has been conducting raids consecutively for the past two days in Siwan jail in view of by-election to Maharajganj constituency slated for tomorrow.
Shahbuddin, a former RJD MP and a known strongman of Siwan, has been in Siwan jail in various cases of kidnapping and murder registered against him in the past.
Raids in jail followed reports of threat being issued by prisoners for supporting their respective candidates.
Voting for Maharajganj by-poll which is witnessing a triangular contest between JD(U) P K Shahi, RJD Prabhunath Singh and Congress Jitendra Swami will be held tomorrow.
Results would be declared on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today