Modi alleges Centre`s discrimination against Bihar
Patna: Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi on Sunday charged the UPA government with discrimination
against Bihar as it was generous to the demands of other
states like West Bengal.
"The Centre has announced a financial package of Rs
21,614 crore for West Bengal, but it was not not favourably
inclined to accord special category state and special economic
package to Bihar," he said in a release.
The Centre had also not provided special package to
Bihar for the rehabilitation measures in the flood-affected
Koshi region after declaring the same as a `national
calamity`, Modi said.
The state`s demand for package to tide over drought has
also been ignored by the UPA government, he said.
He also said UPA government had also not provided coal
linkages for thermal power projects in the state, he said.
He urged the Centre to consider just demands of the
state government in the national interests as the development
of the backward state was critical for overall progress of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials