Modi assures payment to farmers
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
today assured the assembly that farmers would be paid for
their paddy within 24 hours of receiving the list of those who
were yet to receive it after opposition RJD MLA Dinesh Kumar
Singh created ruckus over the issue.
Singh vociferously protested against alleged non-payment
to farmers three months after primary agriculture
co-operative society (PACs) procured paddy from them.
He raised the issue during zero hour and entered the
well of the house shouting anti-government slogans.
Modi, who was present in the house asked the agitated
member to provide a list of farmers who had not yet received
the payment and made the assurance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing