Modi demands `automatic inclusion` of Mahadalits in BPL
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi on Saturday demanded that the Centre should ensure `automatic inclusion` of Mahadalits in the nation-wide survey of BPL
"Most Mahadalit families are homeless as well as landless and should be automatically included in the BPL list," Modi said in a press statement.
Alleging that the Centre was `insensitive` towards Mahadalits, he said that the Centre should set up a BPL Commission on the lines of the Election Commission to ensure a correct and foolproof list of BPL families.
He said that the Tendulkar Commission formed by the Centre had accepted that 57 per cent of the families were BPL families, while the NC Saxena Committee estimated that 75 percent of families belonged to below poverty line in
The state government conducted a survey on the basis of the fixed guidelines and identified 1.5 crore BPL families in Bihar, he said.
The capping of the number of BPL families in every state by the Centre and Planning Commission in the light of recommendations of the Tendulkar Commission was unjustified, Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in