Modi demands `automatic inclusion` of Mahadalits in BPL
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi on Saturday demanded that the Centre should ensure `automatic inclusion` of Mahadalits in the nation-wide survey of BPL
"Most Mahadalit families are homeless as well as landless and should be automatically included in the BPL list," Modi said in a press statement.
Alleging that the Centre was `insensitive` towards Mahadalits, he said that the Centre should set up a BPL Commission on the lines of the Election Commission to ensure a correct and foolproof list of BPL families.
He said that the Tendulkar Commission formed by the Centre had accepted that 57 per cent of the families were BPL families, while the NC Saxena Committee estimated that 75 percent of families belonged to below poverty line in
The state government conducted a survey on the basis of the fixed guidelines and identified 1.5 crore BPL families in Bihar, he said.
The capping of the number of BPL families in every state by the Centre and Planning Commission in the light of recommendations of the Tendulkar Commission was unjustified, Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi