Modi demands pending amount from Centre
Patna: Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi on Wednesday demanded that the Centre must release the pending
amount of Rs 330 crore of the special package for reforming
the District Cooperative Banks and Primary Agricultural Credit
"The Centre has given a special package of Rs 595 crore to
Bihar under the agreement for the reform of 22 District
Cooperative Banks and 8,451 PACS, but the state has so far
got only Rs 265 crore", Modi said.
The state government had entered into an agreement
with the centre and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural
Development (NABARD) in 2007 under which it had to implement
several recommendations put forth by the Vadyanathan committee
report for the revival of rural cooperative credit
"We have fulfilled all the conditions mentioned in
the agreement. Special audit of PACS and District Cooperative
Banks have been done. We have amended the cooperatives act,
1935. Bylaws for PACS have been formulated. We are not lagging
behind from our side," Modi added.
The Deputy Chief Minister said the state government`s
interference in the District Cooperative Banks had been
reduced to the minimum and 5,100 managers for PACS have also
been appointed in accordance with the conditions of the
He said the non-availability of the promised amount was
affecting the functioning of these institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow