Modi handshake: Lalu a frustrated man, says Nitish
Patna: Calling his bete noire Lalu Prasad a `frustrated man` in response to Prasad`s comments about his shaking hands with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi in New Delhi, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has hinted it was, however, an unavoidable situation.
"It was a chief ministers` meeting on the proposed NCTC. If anybody shakes hand how can one avoid such a situation," Kumar said last night when on arrival from New Delhi reporters sought his response about Prasad`s comment on the issue.
"Lalu Prasad is frustrated and such comments are (borne) out of sheer mental bankruptcy", Kumar said with a smile.
Prasad, the RJD chief, had yesterday questioned the `secular credentials` of Kumar in the wake of the latter`s exchange of pleasantries with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi at the NCTC conference.
"Kumar`s secular credentials have come under scrutiny once again after he shook hands with Modi and exchanged pleasantries with him in full media glare at yesterday`s conference of the Chief Ministers on the NCTC in New Delhi", Prasad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today