Modi handshake: Lalu a frustrated man, says Nitish
Patna: Calling his bete noire Lalu Prasad a `frustrated man` in response to Prasad`s comments about his shaking hands with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi in New Delhi, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has hinted it was, however, an unavoidable situation.
"It was a chief ministers` meeting on the proposed NCTC. If anybody shakes hand how can one avoid such a situation," Kumar said last night when on arrival from New Delhi reporters sought his response about Prasad`s comment on the issue.
"Lalu Prasad is frustrated and such comments are (borne) out of sheer mental bankruptcy", Kumar said with a smile.
Prasad, the RJD chief, had yesterday questioned the `secular credentials` of Kumar in the wake of the latter`s exchange of pleasantries with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi at the NCTC conference.
"Kumar`s secular credentials have come under scrutiny once again after he shook hands with Modi and exchanged pleasantries with him in full media glare at yesterday`s conference of the Chief Ministers on the NCTC in New Delhi", Prasad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi