Modi handshake: Lalu a frustrated man, says Nitish
Patna: Calling his bete noire Lalu Prasad a `frustrated man` in response to Prasad`s comments about his shaking hands with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi in New Delhi, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has hinted it was, however, an unavoidable situation.
"It was a chief ministers` meeting on the proposed NCTC. If anybody shakes hand how can one avoid such a situation," Kumar said last night when on arrival from New Delhi reporters sought his response about Prasad`s comment on the issue.
"Lalu Prasad is frustrated and such comments are (borne) out of sheer mental bankruptcy", Kumar said with a smile.
Prasad, the RJD chief, had yesterday questioned the `secular credentials` of Kumar in the wake of the latter`s exchange of pleasantries with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi at the NCTC conference.
"Kumar`s secular credentials have come under scrutiny once again after he shook hands with Modi and exchanged pleasantries with him in full media glare at yesterday`s conference of the Chief Ministers on the NCTC in New Delhi", Prasad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!