Modi handshake: Lalu a frustrated man, says Nitish
Patna: Calling his bete noire Lalu Prasad a `frustrated man` in response to Prasad`s comments about his shaking hands with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi in New Delhi, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has hinted it was, however, an unavoidable situation.
"It was a chief ministers` meeting on the proposed NCTC. If anybody shakes hand how can one avoid such a situation," Kumar said last night when on arrival from New Delhi reporters sought his response about Prasad`s comment on the issue.
"Lalu Prasad is frustrated and such comments are (borne) out of sheer mental bankruptcy", Kumar said with a smile.
Prasad, the RJD chief, had yesterday questioned the `secular credentials` of Kumar in the wake of the latter`s exchange of pleasantries with his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi at the NCTC conference.
"Kumar`s secular credentials have come under scrutiny once again after he shook hands with Modi and exchanged pleasantries with him in full media glare at yesterday`s conference of the Chief Ministers on the NCTC in New Delhi", Prasad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?