Modi` new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish
Patna: Stepping up the war of words with Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said his promise to bestow a special status on Bihar along with a special package was nothing but a `ploy` to win votes by `befooling` people.
Nitish also wondered how Modi could make Bihar a "new Bihar", as he promised, without the knowledge and love for the state.
The Bihar Chief Minister said on social networking site "Facebook" that it was just a ploy to win votes.
Modi in his address at Purnea yesterday said that if his party formed government in Delhi, it would provide special status, special package and pay special attention to the state to spur its development.
Nitish also alleged that the BJP leader was trying to `jam` development of Bihar and undermine it by trotting out wrong figures.
Kumar`s retort on Facebook was couched in a poetic style: "Bihar me hunkar bhare maharashtra me abhar bhare". (while roar in Bihar but express gratitude in Maharashtra)
The senior JD(U) leader said that while he was roaring in Bihar, at the same time he was cosying up to MNS in Maharashtra which has been targeting people of the state in Mumbai and Maharashtra.
He said that the entire efforts seems directed at "breaking" confidence of Bihar through "conspiracy".
Kumar, whose aversion for his Gujarat counterpart was an open secret, took potshots at him for rejecting progress in the state by highlighting only a few unpleasant incidents.
He referred to frequent reference to terrorism in Bihar on the basis of two events in the recent past to drive home the point.
In his Purnia rally yesterday, Modi also alleged that Bihar CM`s `ambition` to become prime minister drove him to split from BJP and accused him of possessing Himalayan arrogance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India