Modi seeks CBI probe against RJD leader
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said former union minister Prem Chand Chandra of RJD had suppressed his links with the IST Steel Company and used influence to get coal block alloted for it.
"Gupta not only suppressed his links with IST Steel, but also used his influence to get a coal block allotted to it which should be probed by CBI," he told reporters on the sidelines of Janata Durbar here.
Modi claimed that he has documents to prove the charge, even though Gupta had time and again denied his association with the steel company.
Gupta, he said, had hid his identity and fudged documents in the registration of his company Gupta International Investment Company Ltd (GIICL) in Hong Kong.
The RJD leader had given his Hong Kong identity card even though his wife Sarla and son Mayur were mentioned as Indian nationals in documents submitted to the authorities in that country.
GIICL had bought 50 per cent share of IST Steel through CECIL company an offshore company, Modi claimed and slammed Gupta for dissociating himself with the steel company that bagged a coal block in Maharashtra three years ago.
He said Gupta was a close aide of RJD chief Lalu Prasad, who was using him as an `ATM` all these years.
"If Gupta has not been the ATM of the RJD supremo, then what interest could Prasad have in sending him to Rajya Sabha for two successive terms and getting him picked in the council of ministers in the UPA-I even though he had no connection with Bihar."
Modi asked Prasad to suspend Gupta and explain whether he or the party had benefitted in any way in the allotment of a coal block to Gupta`s company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!