Modi seeks CBI probe against RJD leader
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said former union minister Prem Chand Chandra of RJD had suppressed his links with the IST Steel Company and used influence to get coal block alloted for it.
"Gupta not only suppressed his links with IST Steel, but also used his influence to get a coal block allotted to it which should be probed by CBI," he told reporters on the sidelines of Janata Durbar here.
Modi claimed that he has documents to prove the charge, even though Gupta had time and again denied his association with the steel company.
Gupta, he said, had hid his identity and fudged documents in the registration of his company Gupta International Investment Company Ltd (GIICL) in Hong Kong.
The RJD leader had given his Hong Kong identity card even though his wife Sarla and son Mayur were mentioned as Indian nationals in documents submitted to the authorities in that country.
GIICL had bought 50 per cent share of IST Steel through CECIL company an offshore company, Modi claimed and slammed Gupta for dissociating himself with the steel company that bagged a coal block in Maharashtra three years ago.
He said Gupta was a close aide of RJD chief Lalu Prasad, who was using him as an `ATM` all these years.
"If Gupta has not been the ATM of the RJD supremo, then what interest could Prasad have in sending him to Rajya Sabha for two successive terms and getting him picked in the council of ministers in the UPA-I even though he had no connection with Bihar."
Modi asked Prasad to suspend Gupta and explain whether he or the party had benefitted in any way in the allotment of a coal block to Gupta`s company.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know