Modi seeks CBI probe against RJD leader
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said former union minister Prem Chand Chandra of RJD had suppressed his links with the IST Steel Company and used influence to get coal block alloted for it.
"Gupta not only suppressed his links with IST Steel, but also used his influence to get a coal block allotted to it which should be probed by CBI," he told reporters on the sidelines of Janata Durbar here.
Modi claimed that he has documents to prove the charge, even though Gupta had time and again denied his association with the steel company.
Gupta, he said, had hid his identity and fudged documents in the registration of his company Gupta International Investment Company Ltd (GIICL) in Hong Kong.
The RJD leader had given his Hong Kong identity card even though his wife Sarla and son Mayur were mentioned as Indian nationals in documents submitted to the authorities in that country.
GIICL had bought 50 per cent share of IST Steel through CECIL company an offshore company, Modi claimed and slammed Gupta for dissociating himself with the steel company that bagged a coal block in Maharashtra three years ago.
He said Gupta was a close aide of RJD chief Lalu Prasad, who was using him as an `ATM` all these years.
"If Gupta has not been the ATM of the RJD supremo, then what interest could Prasad have in sending him to Rajya Sabha for two successive terms and getting him picked in the council of ministers in the UPA-I even though he had no connection with Bihar."
Modi asked Prasad to suspend Gupta and explain whether he or the party had benefitted in any way in the allotment of a coal block to Gupta`s company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report