Modi should’ve met victims immediately after Patna blasts: Khurshid
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Minister of External Affairs Salman Khurshid on Saturday took on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for what he termed was a delayed condolence to the kin of Patna blast victims.
“He (Modi) should have met them (family of Patna blast victims) immediately after the incident,” Khurshid said.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, met the families of the serial blast victims today.
Six people were killed and more than 80 injured when half a dozen bombs exploded in Patna Sunday morning, most of them in and around the sprawling Gandhi Maidan where Modi later addressed a huge rally.
He first met the family of Rajnarain Singh, at Kamarji village near Gaurichak in Patna district.
He then left for Kaimur district to meet family of another blast victim Vikash Kumar Singh alias Guddu. And after that he visited Nalanda, home district of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar where he met the family of another blast victim.
Senior BJP leader Nand Kishore Yadav, who accompanied Modi, said that the Gujarat chief minister also interacted with the family members of blast victims.
Modi also handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to the next of kin of each blast victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22