Modi to discuss GST with Chidambram on Thursday
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi will meet Union Finance minister P Chidambaram in Delhi on Thursday to discuss issues related to implementation of Goods and Services Tax.
"I will be meeting Chidambaram at his request in Delhi on October 25 to discuss implementation of GST," Modi, who is Chairperson of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on GST, said in a statement here today.
Modi, who is also Finance minister, said GST was an important step in the direction of indirect taxes and he would put the views of the states on GST before him.
He said he would acquaint Chidamabaram with the difficulties expressed by states in implementation of GST.
The GST chairman said he would also discuss matters related to providing incentives to states and consumers under GST.
He said he would brief the minister about the committee`s recent tour of Japan and Canada to study GST there.
He said Parliamentary committee on GST was expected to give its report soon. Chidambaram has said that the Union government wish to bring GST into operation in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery