Modi to discuss GST with Chidambram on Thursday
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi will meet Union Finance minister P Chidambaram in Delhi on Thursday to discuss issues related to implementation of Goods and Services Tax.
"I will be meeting Chidambaram at his request in Delhi on October 25 to discuss implementation of GST," Modi, who is Chairperson of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on GST, said in a statement here today.
Modi, who is also Finance minister, said GST was an important step in the direction of indirect taxes and he would put the views of the states on GST before him.
He said he would acquaint Chidamabaram with the difficulties expressed by states in implementation of GST.
The GST chairman said he would also discuss matters related to providing incentives to states and consumers under GST.
He said he would brief the minister about the committee`s recent tour of Japan and Canada to study GST there.
He said Parliamentary committee on GST was expected to give its report soon. Chidambaram has said that the Union government wish to bring GST into operation in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan