Modi`s planned Bihar campaign not a crime: Shatrughan
Patna: Taking a pot shot at ruling JD(U) for
demanding to review its ties with the party, BJP MP Shatrughan
Sinha today said engaging top party leaders including Narendra
Modi for campaigning before the state assembly polls was not a
"A controversy is being unnecessarily raised on Modi`s
visit to Bihar," Sinha told a gathering here.
BJP had not raised any objections to campaigning by any
JD(U) leader, he said.
"You [JD(U)] are our ally and are free to take a decision
on who will or not campaign in Bihar from your side ...
Similarly, you should not interfere in our (BJP) internal
matter as to who will or will not campaign."
It was unfortunate that a JD(U) leader had gone to the
extent of suggesting that the party snaps ties with BJP, Sinha
said while referring to JD(U) national spokesman Shivanand
Tiwari`s statement earlier this month.
Tiwari had stated that the party should reconsider ties
with BJP to avoid a potential negative fallout of the much
awaited judicial verdict on the title suit of the disputed
structure at Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation