Modi`s planned Bihar campaign not a crime: Shatrughan
Patna: Taking a pot shot at ruling JD(U) for
demanding to review its ties with the party, BJP MP Shatrughan
Sinha today said engaging top party leaders including Narendra
Modi for campaigning before the state assembly polls was not a
"A controversy is being unnecessarily raised on Modi`s
visit to Bihar," Sinha told a gathering here.
BJP had not raised any objections to campaigning by any
JD(U) leader, he said.
"You [JD(U)] are our ally and are free to take a decision
on who will or not campaign in Bihar from your side ...
Similarly, you should not interfere in our (BJP) internal
matter as to who will or will not campaign."
It was unfortunate that a JD(U) leader had gone to the
extent of suggesting that the party snaps ties with BJP, Sinha
said while referring to JD(U) national spokesman Shivanand
Tiwari`s statement earlier this month.
Tiwari had stated that the party should reconsider ties
with BJP to avoid a potential negative fallout of the much
awaited judicial verdict on the title suit of the disputed
structure at Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?