Modi`s planned Bihar campaign not a crime: Shatrughan
Patna: Taking a pot shot at ruling JD(U) for
demanding to review its ties with the party, BJP MP Shatrughan
Sinha today said engaging top party leaders including Narendra
Modi for campaigning before the state assembly polls was not a
"A controversy is being unnecessarily raised on Modi`s
visit to Bihar," Sinha told a gathering here.
BJP had not raised any objections to campaigning by any
JD(U) leader, he said.
"You [JD(U)] are our ally and are free to take a decision
on who will or not campaign in Bihar from your side ...
Similarly, you should not interfere in our (BJP) internal
matter as to who will or will not campaign."
It was unfortunate that a JD(U) leader had gone to the
extent of suggesting that the party snaps ties with BJP, Sinha
said while referring to JD(U) national spokesman Shivanand
Tiwari`s statement earlier this month.
Tiwari had stated that the party should reconsider ties
with BJP to avoid a potential negative fallout of the much
awaited judicial verdict on the title suit of the disputed
structure at Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"