Molested woman critical after jumping from train
Patna: A young woman was battling for life in Bihar Thursday after jumping from a moving train after two men allegedly molested her, police said. One of the accused, a soldier, has been arrested.
Patna Railway Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary said the victim was seriously injured when she jumped out of the Delhi-bound Brahamputra Mail between Bihta and Ara stations.
"The Government Railway Police with the help of passengers caught one of the accused at the Buxar railway station," Choudhary said over telephone.
He said the arrested man was a soldier in the Indian Army.
The critically injured woman is said to from Darjeeling in West Bengal and boarded the train at Guwahati in Assam, a police official said.
Choudhary said police were yet to record the victim`s statement as she was in a serious condition.
The incident took place on a day the Bihar Police chief called for speedy trails of cases involving rape and eve-teasing.
Inspector General of Police Arvind Pandey said all district superintendents of police and railway superintendent of police had been told to expedite investigation and file chargesheets at the earliest.
"The state government has made it clear to police officials to deal seriously with rape and eve teasing cases," he told the media.
Till October 2012, 482 cases of rape and 183 cases of harassment of women were pending in Bihar.
Pande said the Bihar government was serious in setting up such courts, and soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India