Molested woman critical after jumping from train
Patna: A young woman was battling for life in Bihar Thursday after jumping from a moving train after two men allegedly molested her, police said. One of the accused, a soldier, has been arrested.
Patna Railway Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary said the victim was seriously injured when she jumped out of the Delhi-bound Brahamputra Mail between Bihta and Ara stations.
"The Government Railway Police with the help of passengers caught one of the accused at the Buxar railway station," Choudhary said over telephone.
He said the arrested man was a soldier in the Indian Army.
The critically injured woman is said to from Darjeeling in West Bengal and boarded the train at Guwahati in Assam, a police official said.
Choudhary said police were yet to record the victim`s statement as she was in a serious condition.
The incident took place on a day the Bihar Police chief called for speedy trails of cases involving rape and eve-teasing.
Inspector General of Police Arvind Pandey said all district superintendents of police and railway superintendent of police had been told to expedite investigation and file chargesheets at the earliest.
"The state government has made it clear to police officials to deal seriously with rape and eve teasing cases," he told the media.
Till October 2012, 482 cases of rape and 183 cases of harassment of women were pending in Bihar.
Pande said the Bihar government was serious in setting up such courts, and soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill