Most Cong men favour Ram temple: Singhal
Biharsharif (Bihar): Claiming that 99 per
cent of Congress leaders favoured construction of Ram temple,
VHP International president Ashok Singhal today said it would
be built at Ayodhya `at all cost`.
"The leaders have silent approval to building the
temple in Ayodhya and 99 per cent Congressmen favour the
idea," Singhal told reporters here.
"But Congressmen refrain from coming out in the open
because of party president Sonia Gandhi who has maintained
silence over the issue, because of her foreign origin."
Even late Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao had
supported the idea of construction of a temple there, he
On RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, Singhal said "not a
political Lalu, but a religious Lalu too is soft to the
Stating that construction of the temple at Ayodhya was
`a challenge before Hindus`, Singhal, who attended the RSS
meeting at Rajgir, said the issue was discussed threadbare.
On the proposed construction of a dam on river Ganga
at Lohari Nagpara in Uttrakhand, he said "Electricity should
be generated from other resources instead of disturbing the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know