Most Cong men favour Ram temple: Singhal
Biharsharif (Bihar): Claiming that 99 per
cent of Congress leaders favoured construction of Ram temple,
VHP International president Ashok Singhal today said it would
be built at Ayodhya `at all cost`.
"The leaders have silent approval to building the
temple in Ayodhya and 99 per cent Congressmen favour the
idea," Singhal told reporters here.
"But Congressmen refrain from coming out in the open
because of party president Sonia Gandhi who has maintained
silence over the issue, because of her foreign origin."
Even late Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao had
supported the idea of construction of a temple there, he
On RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, Singhal said "not a
political Lalu, but a religious Lalu too is soft to the
Stating that construction of the temple at Ayodhya was
`a challenge before Hindus`, Singhal, who attended the RSS
meeting at Rajgir, said the issue was discussed threadbare.
On the proposed construction of a dam on river Ganga
at Lohari Nagpara in Uttrakhand, he said "Electricity should
be generated from other resources instead of disturbing the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'