Most Cong men favour Ram temple: Singhal
Biharsharif (Bihar): Claiming that 99 per
cent of Congress leaders favoured construction of Ram temple,
VHP International president Ashok Singhal today said it would
be built at Ayodhya `at all cost`.
"The leaders have silent approval to building the
temple in Ayodhya and 99 per cent Congressmen favour the
idea," Singhal told reporters here.
"But Congressmen refrain from coming out in the open
because of party president Sonia Gandhi who has maintained
silence over the issue, because of her foreign origin."
Even late Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao had
supported the idea of construction of a temple there, he
On RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, Singhal said "not a
political Lalu, but a religious Lalu too is soft to the
Stating that construction of the temple at Ayodhya was
`a challenge before Hindus`, Singhal, who attended the RSS
meeting at Rajgir, said the issue was discussed threadbare.
On the proposed construction of a dam on river Ganga
at Lohari Nagpara in Uttrakhand, he said "Electricity should
be generated from other resources instead of disturbing the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress