Mother and daughter gang-raped in Bihar
Patna: Three people have been arrested in Bihar for abducting and raping the mother and sister of a youth as a revenge for his eloping with the sister of one of the accused, police said on Wednesday.
The attack took place in Sariswa village under Majhaulia police station of West Champaran district on April 19, but came to light after a case was lodged with the police.
"Three people were arrested after an FIR (first information report) was lodged on the basis of the statement of gang-raped victims," Superintendent of Police Sunil Nayak told a news agency.
"The gang-rape was committed by four people," Nayak said. He added that three accused identified as Subhash Yadav, Suresh Yadav and Rameekbali Yadav were arrested on Tuesday, while hunt is now on to nab the fourth attacker.
Police have recovered the torn clothes of the victims from the house of Suresh during an investigation.
According to police, the victims were first kidnapped and then taken to the house of Suresh where "both were gang-raped by them".
The youth, whose mother and sister were gang-raped, had eloped with Suresh`s sister in January this year, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?