Mother arrested for dishonour killing in Patna
Patna: In a suspected dishonour killing, a woman strangled to death her daughter for having married against her wishes in Patna. The mother was arrested on Sunday.
Naznin Bano alias Rani, 22, a MSc (Bio-tech) student of commerce college, was found dead at her abandoned residence located on the outskirts Badi Khagaul here on Friday.
The case took a twist when Naznin`s lover, Mohammad Mahfooz, on Friday lodged an FIR (first information report) saying it was a dishonour killing.
Patna Superintendent of Police Kim Sharma said that Shamima Bano, mother of the victim, was arrested on Sunday after she confessed her involvement in the murder of her daughter.
According to a police official Kamod Prasad, Naznin was first hit on the head while asleep and then strangulated.
"Prima facie, it appears that she was killed after she eloped with Mahfooz and married on April 16 against parents` wishes," said Prasad.
Mahffooz informed police that Naznin had even filed a petition before the court of additional chief judicial magistrate at Danapur on April 17, apprehending her parents might eliminate her.
Naznin and Mahffooz were studying in the same college in Khagaul, where they fell in love and decided to get married.
Police are investigating the case to ascertain role of other family members in the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'