Motorcylist killed in road accident, cops injured
Bhagalpur: A motorcylist was Thursday killed in an accident on Shermari-Pirpaiti road in Bhagalpur district that sparked off protest by the locals who set ablaze a jeep and injured a sub-inspector of police, police said.
One Md. Umar (25), a native of a village under Pirpaiti police station area, was riding a motorcycle when a speeding jeep hit the vehicle throwing him on the ground, Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) Md Irshad Imam said.
Umar died on the spot.
A mob gathered on the spot, set the jeep on fire, blocked Shermari-Pirpaiti road to protest against the incident and demanded compensation, he said.
The protesters pelted stones on the policemen in which a sub-inspector was injured, Imam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies
- BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016: Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts Results, BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Spectrum cost very high in India, says Sistema