Motorcylist killed in road accident, cops injured
Bhagalpur: A motorcylist was Thursday killed in an accident on Shermari-Pirpaiti road in Bhagalpur district that sparked off protest by the locals who set ablaze a jeep and injured a sub-inspector of police, police said.
One Md. Umar (25), a native of a village under Pirpaiti police station area, was riding a motorcycle when a speeding jeep hit the vehicle throwing him on the ground, Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) Md Irshad Imam said.
Umar died on the spot.
A mob gathered on the spot, set the jeep on fire, blocked Shermari-Pirpaiti road to protest against the incident and demanded compensation, he said.
The protesters pelted stones on the policemen in which a sub-inspector was injured, Imam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred