Motorcylist killed in road accident, cops injured
Bhagalpur: A motorcylist was Thursday killed in an accident on Shermari-Pirpaiti road in Bhagalpur district that sparked off protest by the locals who set ablaze a jeep and injured a sub-inspector of police, police said.
One Md. Umar (25), a native of a village under Pirpaiti police station area, was riding a motorcycle when a speeding jeep hit the vehicle throwing him on the ground, Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) Md Irshad Imam said.
Umar died on the spot.
A mob gathered on the spot, set the jeep on fire, blocked Shermari-Pirpaiti road to protest against the incident and demanded compensation, he said.
The protesters pelted stones on the policemen in which a sub-inspector was injured, Imam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030