Motorcylist killed in road accident, cops injured
Bhagalpur: A motorcylist was Thursday killed in an accident on Shermari-Pirpaiti road in Bhagalpur district that sparked off protest by the locals who set ablaze a jeep and injured a sub-inspector of police, police said.
One Md. Umar (25), a native of a village under Pirpaiti police station area, was riding a motorcycle when a speeding jeep hit the vehicle throwing him on the ground, Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) Md Irshad Imam said.
Umar died on the spot.
A mob gathered on the spot, set the jeep on fire, blocked Shermari-Pirpaiti road to protest against the incident and demanded compensation, he said.
The protesters pelted stones on the policemen in which a sub-inspector was injured, Imam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming