Motorcylist killed in road accident, cops injured
Bhagalpur: A motorcylist was Thursday killed in an accident on Shermari-Pirpaiti road in Bhagalpur district that sparked off protest by the locals who set ablaze a jeep and injured a sub-inspector of police, police said.
One Md. Umar (25), a native of a village under Pirpaiti police station area, was riding a motorcycle when a speeding jeep hit the vehicle throwing him on the ground, Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) Md Irshad Imam said.
Umar died on the spot.
A mob gathered on the spot, set the jeep on fire, blocked Shermari-Pirpaiti road to protest against the incident and demanded compensation, he said.
The protesters pelted stones on the policemen in which a sub-inspector was injured, Imam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH