MoU between IIT-Patna and UNICEF
Patna: IIT-Patna and UNICEF today signed a
memorandum of understanding (MoU) to address issues related to
improvement of the lot of the children in Bihar.
The MoU agreed to support each other on issues like
conducting research on social issues, developing management
information system for social programmes aimed at improving
the socio-economic status of children and women in the state.
Director of IIT-Patna, Prof Anil K Bhowmick said the
partnership with UNICEF would go a long way in improving the
socio-economic status of women and children in Bihar.
Speaking on the occasion, officer-in-charge of UNICEF
said the software and information techonolgy expertise
available with IIT-Patna would be useful in enhancing the
efficency of various social sector flagship programmes being
implemented in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing