MoU between IIT-Patna and UNICEF
Patna: IIT-Patna and UNICEF today signed a
memorandum of understanding (MoU) to address issues related to
improvement of the lot of the children in Bihar.
The MoU agreed to support each other on issues like
conducting research on social issues, developing management
information system for social programmes aimed at improving
the socio-economic status of children and women in the state.
Director of IIT-Patna, Prof Anil K Bhowmick said the
partnership with UNICEF would go a long way in improving the
socio-economic status of women and children in Bihar.
Speaking on the occasion, officer-in-charge of UNICEF
said the software and information techonolgy expertise
available with IIT-Patna would be useful in enhancing the
efficency of various social sector flagship programmes being
implemented in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy