MoU between IIT-Patna and UNICEF
Patna: IIT-Patna and UNICEF today signed a
memorandum of understanding (MoU) to address issues related to
improvement of the lot of the children in Bihar.
The MoU agreed to support each other on issues like
conducting research on social issues, developing management
information system for social programmes aimed at improving
the socio-economic status of children and women in the state.
Director of IIT-Patna, Prof Anil K Bhowmick said the
partnership with UNICEF would go a long way in improving the
socio-economic status of women and children in Bihar.
Speaking on the occasion, officer-in-charge of UNICEF
said the software and information techonolgy expertise
available with IIT-Patna would be useful in enhancing the
efficency of various social sector flagship programmes being
implemented in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video