MP govt not to reduce more VAT on petrol
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said his government would not reduce VAT on petrol any further.
There was no justification for raising the price of petrol, particularly as oil prices were falling in the international market, the chief minister told reporters here.
It is for the Centre to reduce petrol prices and it should not always think that state governments would share the burden caused due to them, Singh said.
The state government had reduced VAT on petrol about four months ago.
When asked about veteran BJP leader L K Advani`s comments on party president Nitin Gadkari, he refused to speak on the matter.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on