MP govt not to reduce more VAT on petrol
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said his government would not reduce VAT on petrol any further.
There was no justification for raising the price of petrol, particularly as oil prices were falling in the international market, the chief minister told reporters here.
It is for the Centre to reduce petrol prices and it should not always think that state governments would share the burden caused due to them, Singh said.
The state government had reduced VAT on petrol about four months ago.
When asked about veteran BJP leader L K Advani`s comments on party president Nitin Gadkari, he refused to speak on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh