MP govt not to reduce more VAT on petrol
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said his government would not reduce VAT on petrol any further.
There was no justification for raising the price of petrol, particularly as oil prices were falling in the international market, the chief minister told reporters here.
It is for the Centre to reduce petrol prices and it should not always think that state governments would share the burden caused due to them, Singh said.
The state government had reduced VAT on petrol about four months ago.
When asked about veteran BJP leader L K Advani`s comments on party president Nitin Gadkari, he refused to speak on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie