MP govt not to reduce more VAT on petrol
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said his government would not reduce VAT on petrol any further.
There was no justification for raising the price of petrol, particularly as oil prices were falling in the international market, the chief minister told reporters here.
It is for the Centre to reduce petrol prices and it should not always think that state governments would share the burden caused due to them, Singh said.
The state government had reduced VAT on petrol about four months ago.
When asked about veteran BJP leader L K Advani`s comments on party president Nitin Gadkari, he refused to speak on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal