Much enthusiasm for Durga Puja in Bihar
Patna: Dressed in their best, large number of
men, women and children are turning out before the decorated
Durga Puja pandals in most of the cities of Bihar - Bhagalpur,
Muzaffarpur, Samastipur, Motihari, Siwan, Chapra, Madhubani,
Darbhanga and Purnia to offer prayers on Ashtami on Tuesday.
In the state capital, several beautiful pandals have come
up at Bangali Akhara, Ramkrishna Mission Aashrama, Yaarpur
Kalibari, Adalatganj, Chajjubag (PWD).
Tight security arrangements have been made for the
festival across the state, Director General of Police
`Dhakis’ (drum beaters) from West Bengal enthralled
visitors at various pandals with their traditional drum
playing to invoke the mother goddess on Ashtami day today.
Worship and veneration of the Goddess started early
Monday morning at all the Shaktipeeths in the state capital.
Devotees thronged famous Shitla Mata Mandir, Agamkuan, Badi
Patan Devi, Choti Patan Devi, Bansghat Kali temple, Hanuman
temple, Panchshiva, Darbhanga house temple, Kadamkuan Durga
temple, Chakaram Devi temple, Yaarpur Kali temple.
A replica of Mahadev Mandir of Kannauj (UP) is drawing
visitors at dak bunglow crossing.
The pandal has been decorated with electrical display
of India`s historic 2011 cricket world cup win, scenes of
Osama Bin Laden`s elimination in Pakistan, army training in
military academy, bear dance, tabla playing chimpanzee and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda