Much enthusiasm for Durga Puja in Bihar
Patna: Dressed in their best, large number of
men, women and children are turning out before the decorated
Durga Puja pandals in most of the cities of Bihar - Bhagalpur,
Muzaffarpur, Samastipur, Motihari, Siwan, Chapra, Madhubani,
Darbhanga and Purnia to offer prayers on Ashtami on Tuesday.
In the state capital, several beautiful pandals have come
up at Bangali Akhara, Ramkrishna Mission Aashrama, Yaarpur
Kalibari, Adalatganj, Chajjubag (PWD).
Tight security arrangements have been made for the
festival across the state, Director General of Police
`Dhakis’ (drum beaters) from West Bengal enthralled
visitors at various pandals with their traditional drum
playing to invoke the mother goddess on Ashtami day today.
Worship and veneration of the Goddess started early
Monday morning at all the Shaktipeeths in the state capital.
Devotees thronged famous Shitla Mata Mandir, Agamkuan, Badi
Patan Devi, Choti Patan Devi, Bansghat Kali temple, Hanuman
temple, Panchshiva, Darbhanga house temple, Kadamkuan Durga
temple, Chakaram Devi temple, Yaarpur Kali temple.
A replica of Mahadev Mandir of Kannauj (UP) is drawing
visitors at dak bunglow crossing.
The pandal has been decorated with electrical display
of India`s historic 2011 cricket world cup win, scenes of
Osama Bin Laden`s elimination in Pakistan, army training in
military academy, bear dance, tabla playing chimpanzee and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral