Mughalsarai-Howrah route hit after goods train derailment
Patna: At least 26 bogies of a goods train were derailed in Bihar`s Sasaram district Monday, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Mughalsarai-Howrah route. No injuries were reported, police said.
The accident occurred near Shivsagar railway station and several trains have been diverted, said Dilip Kumar, the chief public relations officer of East Central Railway.
"Normal services are likely to resume by Monday night," Kumar said.
He added that railway authorities would carry out a probe to ascertain the cause of the derailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what