Mughalsarai-Howrah route hit after goods train derailment
Patna: At least 26 bogies of a goods train were derailed in Bihar`s Sasaram district Monday, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Mughalsarai-Howrah route. No injuries were reported, police said.
The accident occurred near Shivsagar railway station and several trains have been diverted, said Dilip Kumar, the chief public relations officer of East Central Railway.
"Normal services are likely to resume by Monday night," Kumar said.
He added that railway authorities would carry out a probe to ascertain the cause of the derailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing