Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of life in train accident in Bihar
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of lives in the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express train derailment in Chhapra.
In a message, the President has said "I am saddened to learn about the derailment of a train near Chhapra this morning, in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured."
"I call upon the state government and railway authorities to provide all possible assistance to the bereaved families as well as the best of medical attention to the injured," he said.
"I am sure authorities will be also taking necessary measures to urgently investigate the cause of the incident and put in place necessary remedial measures," he added.
At least five people were killed and eight others injured when the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani express derailed this morning at around 2.15 a.m. near Chhapra in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport