Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of life in train accident in Bihar
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of lives in the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express train derailment in Chhapra.
In a message, the President has said "I am saddened to learn about the derailment of a train near Chhapra this morning, in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured."
"I call upon the state government and railway authorities to provide all possible assistance to the bereaved families as well as the best of medical attention to the injured," he said.
"I am sure authorities will be also taking necessary measures to urgently investigate the cause of the incident and put in place necessary remedial measures," he added.
At least five people were killed and eight others injured when the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani express derailed this morning at around 2.15 a.m. near Chhapra in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state