Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of life in train accident in Bihar
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of lives in the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express train derailment in Chhapra.
In a message, the President has said "I am saddened to learn about the derailment of a train near Chhapra this morning, in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured."
"I call upon the state government and railway authorities to provide all possible assistance to the bereaved families as well as the best of medical attention to the injured," he said.
"I am sure authorities will be also taking necessary measures to urgently investigate the cause of the incident and put in place necessary remedial measures," he added.
At least five people were killed and eight others injured when the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani express derailed this morning at around 2.15 a.m. near Chhapra in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima