Music bands of inmates on anvil in Bihar prisons
Patna: The prisoners have been known to participate in menial activities during stay in jails, but the authorities in Bihar prisons have set out on a novel programme to draw inmates` interest in music with a long-term plan to set up music bands of the prisoners.
Various music instruments have been purchased in some jails and orders placed for other jails to provide training to the inmates in musical instruments so that they could set up music bands of their own and take part in inter-jail competitions, Inspector General (IG) Prison, Anand Kishore told a news agency.
It has been proposed to organise music classes for the interested inmates in all 21 jails in Bihar, he said, adding that such programmes have already started in a few jails, including the Beur central jail on the outskirts of the state capital.
Reputed musicians like Acharya Gajendra Mishra, Sanjay Kumar and Virendra Kumar have been hired to provide music training in various instruments to about 45 inmates at the Beur central Jail, IG said.
The chosen inmates at the Beur jail have been learning musical instruments like Spanish Guitar, Harmonium, Tabla, Drum Congo, Electronic Tanpura, Scale Changer, Synthesiser Keyboard, Naal and Jhaal, he said.
The trained inmates will not only take part in musical programmes in their own jails for entertainment of fellow prisoners, but may also take part in the inter-jail competitions in future, IG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you