Muzaffarpur residents demand death for Delhi rape accused
Muzaffarpur: People in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district expressed anger and shame on Saturday that one of their own was involved in the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
Manoj Kumar, 25, who allegedly raped the girl after confining her in his Gandhi Nagar room in east Delhi, is from Bharthua village under Aurai police station in Muzaffarpur.
He was arrested early Saturday. Some people in Muzaffarpur said he deserved the death penalty, given the savagery he inflicted on a child.
Doctors treating the child had surgically removed a 200 ml hair oil bottle and pieces of candlesticks from her vaginal orifice.
"We are shocked and ashamed that he belongs to our district," said Jai Narain Singh, a businessman in Muzaffarpur, about 70 km from state capital Patna.
"I am stunned that Manoj Kumar hails from Muzaffarpur. He should be given capital punishment," Arvind Kumar Choudhary, a government employee, said.
Shaukat Khan, who works in a private firm, said that Manoj Kumar`s act has painted Muzaffarpur`s name black.
Nagender Rai, a resident of the district, said Manoj Kumar should be hanged till death. "He has given a bad name to Muzaffarpur, otherwise famous for the juicy summer fruit, litchi. Manoj is a monster, he deserves death," Rai told a news agency.
Bihar Police chief Abhyanand said here that on a request from Delhi Police, a joint team of the Special Task Force, district police and Delhi Police, arrested Manoj Kumar from his wife`s parents` home in Chiknauta village under Karza police station in this district.
A court in Muzaffarpur Saturday granted a three-day transit remand of Manoj Kumar to Delhi Police.
According to police, Manoj will be first taken to Patna and then to Delhi.
The five-year-old rape victim was rescued by her family, which lives in the same building as Manoj Kumar. The victim is undergoing treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory