Muzaffarpur residents demand death for Delhi rape accused
Muzaffarpur: People in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district expressed anger and shame on Saturday that one of their own was involved in the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi.
Manoj Kumar, 25, who allegedly raped the girl after confining her in his Gandhi Nagar room in east Delhi, is from Bharthua village under Aurai police station in Muzaffarpur.
He was arrested early Saturday. Some people in Muzaffarpur said he deserved the death penalty, given the savagery he inflicted on a child.
Doctors treating the child had surgically removed a 200 ml hair oil bottle and pieces of candlesticks from her vaginal orifice.
"We are shocked and ashamed that he belongs to our district," said Jai Narain Singh, a businessman in Muzaffarpur, about 70 km from state capital Patna.
"I am stunned that Manoj Kumar hails from Muzaffarpur. He should be given capital punishment," Arvind Kumar Choudhary, a government employee, said.
Shaukat Khan, who works in a private firm, said that Manoj Kumar`s act has painted Muzaffarpur`s name black.
Nagender Rai, a resident of the district, said Manoj Kumar should be hanged till death. "He has given a bad name to Muzaffarpur, otherwise famous for the juicy summer fruit, litchi. Manoj is a monster, he deserves death," Rai told a news agency.
Bihar Police chief Abhyanand said here that on a request from Delhi Police, a joint team of the Special Task Force, district police and Delhi Police, arrested Manoj Kumar from his wife`s parents` home in Chiknauta village under Karza police station in this district.
A court in Muzaffarpur Saturday granted a three-day transit remand of Manoj Kumar to Delhi Police.
According to police, Manoj will be first taken to Patna and then to Delhi.
The five-year-old rape victim was rescued by her family, which lives in the same building as Manoj Kumar. The victim is undergoing treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow