My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist, says Bihar Minister
Patna: "My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist," said the Bihar Minister for Minority Affairs who came under attack by Opposition over his alleged links with Pakistan ISI and terrorist outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM).
Using a famous dialogue from Shahrukh Khan starrer `My Name is Khan`, he said "I am Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist."
Opposition BJP had yesterday created an uproar over his alleged links with Indian Mujahideen activists in Bihar Assembly and Legislative Council when Khan, the Minority Affairs Minister in the Nitish Kumar government, rose to answer members` questions. The minister, who is a JD(U) MLA from Sursand in Sitamarhi district, said the opposition protest against him has no justification. "They are trying to use a non-issue against me because of politics," he added.
The minister had come under the scanner of Sashtra Seema Bal(SSB) for suspected links with Indian Mujahideen activists earlier this month.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on February 8 questioned the central agency`s handling of the matter, especially as to why he was not informed and had directed a probe into it. "What is the source of the information of the SSB which it has taken note of suo motu and sent the same to the STF in Bihar for verification?" Kumar had asked.
Bihar Police had said it had received a letter from SSB last month seeking verification of charge about Khan allegedly having links with two IM operatives Jameel Akhtar and Mansoor Sai. The Special Task Force (STF) had asked the Motihari and Sitamarhi SPs to probe the matter and had found the allegation false, it said.
Khan said it needed to be established that Akhtar and Sai have terrorist links and than only the question of his association with them would arise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders