My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist, says Bihar Minister
Patna: "My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist," said the Bihar Minister for Minority Affairs who came under attack by Opposition over his alleged links with Pakistan ISI and terrorist outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM).
Using a famous dialogue from Shahrukh Khan starrer `My Name is Khan`, he said "I am Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist."
Opposition BJP had yesterday created an uproar over his alleged links with Indian Mujahideen activists in Bihar Assembly and Legislative Council when Khan, the Minority Affairs Minister in the Nitish Kumar government, rose to answer members` questions. The minister, who is a JD(U) MLA from Sursand in Sitamarhi district, said the opposition protest against him has no justification. "They are trying to use a non-issue against me because of politics," he added.
The minister had come under the scanner of Sashtra Seema Bal(SSB) for suspected links with Indian Mujahideen activists earlier this month.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on February 8 questioned the central agency`s handling of the matter, especially as to why he was not informed and had directed a probe into it. "What is the source of the information of the SSB which it has taken note of suo motu and sent the same to the STF in Bihar for verification?" Kumar had asked.
Bihar Police had said it had received a letter from SSB last month seeking verification of charge about Khan allegedly having links with two IM operatives Jameel Akhtar and Mansoor Sai. The Special Task Force (STF) had asked the Motihari and Sitamarhi SPs to probe the matter and had found the allegation false, it said.
Khan said it needed to be established that Akhtar and Sai have terrorist links and than only the question of his association with them would arise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla