My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist, says Bihar Minister
Patna: "My name is Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist," said the Bihar Minister for Minority Affairs who came under attack by Opposition over his alleged links with Pakistan ISI and terrorist outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM).
Using a famous dialogue from Shahrukh Khan starrer `My Name is Khan`, he said "I am Shahid Ali Khan but I am not a terrorist."
Opposition BJP had yesterday created an uproar over his alleged links with Indian Mujahideen activists in Bihar Assembly and Legislative Council when Khan, the Minority Affairs Minister in the Nitish Kumar government, rose to answer members` questions. The minister, who is a JD(U) MLA from Sursand in Sitamarhi district, said the opposition protest against him has no justification. "They are trying to use a non-issue against me because of politics," he added.
The minister had come under the scanner of Sashtra Seema Bal(SSB) for suspected links with Indian Mujahideen activists earlier this month.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on February 8 questioned the central agency`s handling of the matter, especially as to why he was not informed and had directed a probe into it. "What is the source of the information of the SSB which it has taken note of suo motu and sent the same to the STF in Bihar for verification?" Kumar had asked.
Bihar Police had said it had received a letter from SSB last month seeking verification of charge about Khan allegedly having links with two IM operatives Jameel Akhtar and Mansoor Sai. The Special Task Force (STF) had asked the Motihari and Sitamarhi SPs to probe the matter and had found the allegation false, it said.
Khan said it needed to be established that Akhtar and Sai have terrorist links and than only the question of his association with them would arise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan