Mystery fever toll in Bihar climbs to 29
Muzaffarpur: Three more deaths were reported
in Muzaffarpur, taking the toll in the recent outbreak of
`mystery` fever on Tuesday to 29 in this Bihar district as a
Central team arrived here to examine the patients and diagnose
the disease, an official said.
While two children died at Kejriwal hospital, another
died at Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH)
during the past 24 hours, he said.
At least 26 children below the age of six years have died
and 35 others hospitalised due to the mystery fever during the
past one week in Muzaffarpur district till yesterday, official
said, adding 30 others were still being treated at the two
Meanwhile, Union Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad sent a
Central team of medical experts to Muzaffarpur following
request from Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to examine the
patients and work out prevention of the unknown fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media