Nalanda: RJD for CBI probe into police lathicharge
Patna: RJD on Friday demanded a CBI probe into the police lathicharge in which 12 persons including women were injured in Nalanda on Wednesday.
"The Nitish Kumar government is an utter failure to check growing police highhandedness and brutality. The Nalanda incident must be probe by CBI to bring the guilty police officials to justice," senior RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui
Stating that the police resorted to "brutality" in presence of senior police officials, Siddiqui said no probe other than CBI would be fair to book the culprits.
Siddiqui said he would also approach National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission seeking intervention in the matter.
Nalanda Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana yesterday suspended constable Vibhuti Jha and homeguard Nageshwar Pandey in this connection.
Over 12 people, including women, were injured when police used batons to disperse a mob which indulged in stone throwing, arson and road blockade near Noorsarai police station to demand rescue of missing judicial secretary (panchayat) Reena Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why