Nalanda: RJD for CBI probe into police lathicharge
Patna: RJD on Friday demanded a CBI probe into the police lathicharge in which 12 persons including women were injured in Nalanda on Wednesday.
"The Nitish Kumar government is an utter failure to check growing police highhandedness and brutality. The Nalanda incident must be probe by CBI to bring the guilty police officials to justice," senior RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui
Stating that the police resorted to "brutality" in presence of senior police officials, Siddiqui said no probe other than CBI would be fair to book the culprits.
Siddiqui said he would also approach National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission seeking intervention in the matter.
Nalanda Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana yesterday suspended constable Vibhuti Jha and homeguard Nageshwar Pandey in this connection.
Over 12 people, including women, were injured when police used batons to disperse a mob which indulged in stone throwing, arson and road blockade near Noorsarai police station to demand rescue of missing judicial secretary (panchayat) Reena Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Can antibiotics slow Alzheimer's progression?
- Exercise as effective as surgery for knee injury
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today