Nalanda: RJD for CBI probe into police lathicharge
Patna: RJD on Friday demanded a CBI probe into the police lathicharge in which 12 persons including women were injured in Nalanda on Wednesday.
"The Nitish Kumar government is an utter failure to check growing police highhandedness and brutality. The Nalanda incident must be probe by CBI to bring the guilty police officials to justice," senior RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui
Stating that the police resorted to "brutality" in presence of senior police officials, Siddiqui said no probe other than CBI would be fair to book the culprits.
Siddiqui said he would also approach National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission seeking intervention in the matter.
Nalanda Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana yesterday suspended constable Vibhuti Jha and homeguard Nageshwar Pandey in this connection.
Over 12 people, including women, were injured when police used batons to disperse a mob which indulged in stone throwing, arson and road blockade near Noorsarai police station to demand rescue of missing judicial secretary (panchayat) Reena Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan