Nalanda: RJD for CBI probe into police lathicharge
Patna: RJD on Friday demanded a CBI probe into the police lathicharge in which 12 persons including women were injured in Nalanda on Wednesday.
"The Nitish Kumar government is an utter failure to check growing police highhandedness and brutality. The Nalanda incident must be probe by CBI to bring the guilty police officials to justice," senior RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui
Stating that the police resorted to "brutality" in presence of senior police officials, Siddiqui said no probe other than CBI would be fair to book the culprits.
Siddiqui said he would also approach National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission seeking intervention in the matter.
Nalanda Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana yesterday suspended constable Vibhuti Jha and homeguard Nageshwar Pandey in this connection.
Over 12 people, including women, were injured when police used batons to disperse a mob which indulged in stone throwing, arson and road blockade near Noorsarai police station to demand rescue of missing judicial secretary (panchayat) Reena Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'