Nalanda University Bill introduced in RS
New Delhi: A bill for re-establishing the ancient Nalanda university was introduced in the Rajya Sabha Thursday.
The Nalanda University Bill, 2010, will establish a central university in Nalanda district of Bihar, identifying with the ancient university, which was founded in 5th century AD and became a centre of learning for students from all across South Asia.
The bill seeks to develop the university as a seat of learning to attract students from all across South Asia.
"The university will impart education and enable research towards capacity building in the domain of ancient science which was practised in Nalanda several centuries ago," External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said introducing the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends