Nalanda University Bill introduced in RS
New Delhi: A bill for re-establishing the ancient Nalanda university was introduced in the Rajya Sabha Thursday.
The Nalanda University Bill, 2010, will establish a central university in Nalanda district of Bihar, identifying with the ancient university, which was founded in 5th century AD and became a centre of learning for students from all across South Asia.
The bill seeks to develop the university as a seat of learning to attract students from all across South Asia.
"The university will impart education and enable research towards capacity building in the domain of ancient science which was practised in Nalanda several centuries ago," External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said introducing the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what