Nalanda University Bill introduced in RS
New Delhi: A bill for re-establishing the ancient Nalanda university was introduced in the Rajya Sabha Thursday.
The Nalanda University Bill, 2010, will establish a central university in Nalanda district of Bihar, identifying with the ancient university, which was founded in 5th century AD and became a centre of learning for students from all across South Asia.
The bill seeks to develop the university as a seat of learning to attract students from all across South Asia.
"The university will impart education and enable research towards capacity building in the domain of ancient science which was practised in Nalanda several centuries ago," External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said introducing the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC