Naqvi met me, was `regretful` over his act, claims Sabir Ali
New Delhi: Expelled JD(U) leader Sabir Ali, whose induction into BJP was annulled following strong opposition to it by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi among others, on Thursday claimed the BJP vice president was "regretful" over his act.
In a press release, Ali said Naqvi visited his residence yesterday and informed him that he has already clarified through an interview given to a news channel that it was a case of "mistaken identity".
"Naqvi has informed me at my residence on May 14 that he has already clarified through an interview... That it was a case of mistaken identity. While clarifying he was regretful," Ali said, adding he was happy that the scar has been removed.
Naqvi had in last week of March had put out a controversial tweet attacking Sabir and calling him a friend of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal. He also strongly opposed Ali`s entry into the party, terming it a "mistake" that needs to be rectified.
In less than 24 hours of Ali`s induction, his membership from BJP had to be annulled after RSS and more leaders from within the BJP lent their voice against his admission.
Expressing satisfaction over the annulment of Ali`s membership from BJP, Naqvi had removed his tweet on Ali saying the matter was closed for him now.
Attacking Naqvi the very next day in a press conference, Ali had dared him to prove allegations that he had links with Bhatkal or apologise.
"I am ready to go to his (Naqvi`s) place or he can come to mine and have a discussion and give proof. If he is right, I am ready to be hanged...," he said, and claimed that Naqvi may have considered Ali a "threat" to his position in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rio Olympics: Graem McDowell turns down the chance to take Rory McIlroy`s spot
- China, Russia bilateral relation has reached unprecedented level: Putin
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage