Narendra Kumar Singh, a brave fighter: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday described Narendra Kumar Singh, who was killed by the
mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh recently, as a "brave fighter"
saying Bihar was proud of him.
Narendra Kumar Singh (30), a Bihar cadre IPS
officer, was killed in an attack by the mining mafia in Madhya
Pradesh on March 8, 2012.
Kumar made this comment during a debate on illegal
mining in Rohtas district in the state assembly.
Praising the police officials for "having done a brave
job while checking illegal mining in Bihar", he said, "we
require to encourage them".
Any attack on the police engaged in checking illegal
mining would not deter police officials, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad