Narendra Kumar Singh, a brave fighter: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday described Narendra Kumar Singh, who was killed by the
mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh recently, as a "brave fighter"
saying Bihar was proud of him.
Narendra Kumar Singh (30), a Bihar cadre IPS
officer, was killed in an attack by the mining mafia in Madhya
Pradesh on March 8, 2012.
Kumar made this comment during a debate on illegal
mining in Rohtas district in the state assembly.
Praising the police officials for "having done a brave
job while checking illegal mining in Bihar", he said, "we
require to encourage them".
Any attack on the police engaged in checking illegal
mining would not deter police officials, he said.
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex