Narendra Modi being foisted on BJP as PM candidate, claims NCP
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has been `foisted` by RSS as its choice for the prime ministerial candidate on BJP and a revolt was brewing in the saffron party against it, Union Minister and NCP General Secretary Tariq Anwar claimed on Sunday.
"Opposition to Modi was bound to take place following the manner in which he has been foisted by RSS on BJP as its likely prime ministerial candidate," he said referring to comments made by senior BJP leaders Shatrughan Sinha, Jaswant Singh and others.
Referring to BJP patriarch L K Advani`s opposition to Modi`s elevation as the party`s chief election campaigner, he said a revolt-like situation in the party was bound to happen due to it.
That a revolt was brewing in the saffron party was evident in the manner that some senior leaders had `candidly` spoken out on the issue despite knowing that Modi has been handpicked by RSS for such a role, Anwar told reporters here.
Some senior BJP leaders are `rightly opposing` Modi`s `numero uno` position in the party as their opinion has been bypassed with the RSS which `unilaterally` imposed him on the party as a prime ministerial candidate, he said.
BJP, Anwar said, should not have rushed to a decision to project Modi as its prime ministerial candidate if it wanted to keep its house in order and allowed the poll process to get over before making an appropriate decision in consultation with its parliamentarians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!