Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Ahead of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Muzaffarpur, there are reports that the March 3 address could come under terror attack. According to reports, to carry out the terror attack help of women present at the rally could be sought.
Modi is BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections. His `Hunkar` rally was held in the capital of Bihar on October 27 last year. Eight people were killed in the five blasts that went off within the rally venue, while two exploded outside. A militant said to be belonging to Indian Mujahideen were among the eight killed.
Eight people were killed in the serial blasts and one of the low intensity bombs exploded just 100 metres away from the stage where Modi and other senior BJP leaders were present.
The blasts in Patna had led to a war of words between the Bihar government and the BJP. The top leaders of the BJP had accused the Nitish Kumar government of not providing enough security for Gujarat CM`s rally. However, the Bihar CM refuted the allegations and said that there had been no lackadaisical approach from their side.
The BJP and JD(U) split last year after a 17 year old alliance over the issue of Modi being made NDA`s PM candidate.
This time around the Nitish Kumar government would not want a repeat of what happened at the Hunkar rally, to avoid further escalation of argument between the JD(U) and the BJP. A senior police official said that the tight security will be in place for Modi`s rally in Muzaffarpur.