Narendra Modi to interact with people at Patna tea shops on February 12
Patna: With an aim to strengthen his bond with the people of Bihar, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will interact with people assembled at 36 tea shops across the state on Wednesday, party`s state unit chief Mangal Pandey said on Monday.
"Narendra Modi will be face to face with people assembled at 36 tea shops across Bihar through video-conferencing," Pandey said in a statement here.
He said the programme has been christened as `Chai per charcha` (discussion over tea).
The three-hour interactive session on February 12 will begin from 5 pm in the evening, he added.
Tea shops are favourite joints in Bihar for people to talk about politics. Besides, it would further highlight the humble background of the BJP PM pick, he said.
Out of 36 tea shops picked for the programme, 15 are in Patna. Rest are in Ara, Begusarai, Buxar, Bettiah and Darbhanga among others, party sources said.
"The programme aims to connect Narendra Modi with the weaker sections of the society," the Bihar BJP chief said.
Modi is scheduled to address a rally at Muzaffarpur on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users