Narendra Modi to interact with people at Patna tea shops on February 12
Patna: With an aim to strengthen his bond with the people of Bihar, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will interact with people assembled at 36 tea shops across the state on Wednesday, party`s state unit chief Mangal Pandey said on Monday.
"Narendra Modi will be face to face with people assembled at 36 tea shops across Bihar through video-conferencing," Pandey said in a statement here.
He said the programme has been christened as `Chai per charcha` (discussion over tea).
The three-hour interactive session on February 12 will begin from 5 pm in the evening, he added.
Tea shops are favourite joints in Bihar for people to talk about politics. Besides, it would further highlight the humble background of the BJP PM pick, he said.
Out of 36 tea shops picked for the programme, 15 are in Patna. Rest are in Ara, Begusarai, Buxar, Bettiah and Darbhanga among others, party sources said.
"The programme aims to connect Narendra Modi with the weaker sections of the society," the Bihar BJP chief said.
Modi is scheduled to address a rally at Muzaffarpur on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat