Narendra Modi to interact with people at Patna tea shops on February 12
Patna: With an aim to strengthen his bond with the people of Bihar, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will interact with people assembled at 36 tea shops across the state on Wednesday, party`s state unit chief Mangal Pandey said on Monday.
"Narendra Modi will be face to face with people assembled at 36 tea shops across Bihar through video-conferencing," Pandey said in a statement here.
He said the programme has been christened as `Chai per charcha` (discussion over tea).
The three-hour interactive session on February 12 will begin from 5 pm in the evening, he added.
Tea shops are favourite joints in Bihar for people to talk about politics. Besides, it would further highlight the humble background of the BJP PM pick, he said.
Out of 36 tea shops picked for the programme, 15 are in Patna. Rest are in Ara, Begusarai, Buxar, Bettiah and Darbhanga among others, party sources said.
"The programme aims to connect Narendra Modi with the weaker sections of the society," the Bihar BJP chief said.
Modi is scheduled to address a rally at Muzaffarpur on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves