Narendra Modi will be `state guest` during his two-day Bihar visit
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be Bihar`s `state guest` during his two-day visit, beginning Friday, to meet relatives of the six killed in the serial bomb blasts before his rally in Patna last Sunday.
"He is a Chief Minister of a state and will be accorded the honour of being a state guest and all protocol will be followed," Principal Secretary to the Cabinet Coordination Committee Brajesh Mehrotra said on Thursday.
Modi, who is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow night and will take a chopper to visit the houses of the six slain persons in different districts the next day.
BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said there was nothing big in this as being a CM Narendra Modi was entitled to be treated as a state guest.
The former deputy Chief Minister, who has gone to Supual to launch `Asthi Kalas Yatra` after meeting family of a blast victim Bharat Rajak, told that the state government should have ensured foolproof security for Modi and not repeat the "lapses" it had shown during Sunday`s rally in Patna.
Bihar JD(U) president Bashitha Narayan Singh, however, said the state government had always "performed its duty honestly."
"Despite political differences, Narendra Modi is a Chief Minister of a state. The state government will extend him all facilities in the rule book relating to the visit of a VIP", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says