Narendra Modi will be `state guest` during his two-day Bihar visit
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be Bihar`s `state guest` during his two-day visit, beginning Friday, to meet relatives of the six killed in the serial bomb blasts before his rally in Patna last Sunday.
"He is a Chief Minister of a state and will be accorded the honour of being a state guest and all protocol will be followed," Principal Secretary to the Cabinet Coordination Committee Brajesh Mehrotra said on Thursday.
Modi, who is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow night and will take a chopper to visit the houses of the six slain persons in different districts the next day.
BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said there was nothing big in this as being a CM Narendra Modi was entitled to be treated as a state guest.
The former deputy Chief Minister, who has gone to Supual to launch `Asthi Kalas Yatra` after meeting family of a blast victim Bharat Rajak, told that the state government should have ensured foolproof security for Modi and not repeat the "lapses" it had shown during Sunday`s rally in Patna.
Bihar JD(U) president Bashitha Narayan Singh, however, said the state government had always "performed its duty honestly."
"Despite political differences, Narendra Modi is a Chief Minister of a state. The state government will extend him all facilities in the rule book relating to the visit of a VIP", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal