Narendra Modi`s birthday celebrated in Bihar; Nitish Kumar stays mum
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: BJP leaders and workers in Bihar on Tuesday organised `yagna` and cut cakes to celebrate the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s 64th birthday.
Meanwhile, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar abstained from wishing Modi on his birthday. When asked if he has congratulated Modi, Nitish kept quiet. However, Janata Dal (United) spokesperson and Rajya Sabha member KC Tyagi extended "heartiest wishes" to Modi and wished for his long life.
A large number of BJP workers, led by senior leaders Sanjay Paswan and Giriraj Singh, visited a temple here and performed a special yagna amid chanting of vedic hymns by the priests to seek well being of the Gujarat Chief Minister on the occasion of his 64th birthday, party sources said.
The BJP leaders later cut a cake and distributed it among the gathered audience.
At another function held in the Bihar BJP office, another cake was cut by the party leaders to mark the occasion.
The Janata Dal (United) ended its 17-year-long association with the BJP earlier in June this year citing differences over Modi`s elevation as the poll panel chief for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Nitish Kumar had on Saturday disapproved Modi`s anointment as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, saying the nation will never accept such divisive elements.
"Whatever we said earlier has now come as the truth. We knew this will happen. And since it was not acceptable to us, we pulled out of the NDA alliance," Nitish told media in Patna.
"Let them rejoice, but the people of the country will never accept such divisive elements. Their view is not to unite and strengthen the country, but to weaken the country," he added.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in