Narendra Modi’s Patna rally: BJP to seek special package for Bihar
Patna: Charging Chief Minister Nitish Kumar with failing to secure special status for Bihar, BJP on Thursday said it will raise the demand for it during its October 27 rally here to be addressed, among others, by its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"The Chief Minister has clearly failed to deliver the special status to Bihar if one goes by the dilution of his stand after release of the Raghuram Rajan panel report. He has conveniently reduced his demand and now merely wants additional financial assistance and tax break at par with those states enjoying special status," senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters.
However, Kumar`s new demands will not suffice to complete the various pending infrastructure projects which require about Rs 40,000 crore. Under the circumstances, it will be appropriate that a demand is made for special package, he said.
Modi, who was the deputy chief minister when JD(U) snapped its 17-year-old ties with BJP, claimed that the Centre would be compelled to consider the special package demand for Bihar by the BJP as it will be made from a forum in the presence of the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
He said BJP would like creation of a fourth category of states called `disadvantaged states` which should be granted special status.
Modi said he was confident that Bihar will figure in the fourth category of states and will automatically qualify for the special status.
The `Hunkar Rally` will be held at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video