Naxal `commander` arrested in Mirzapur
Mirzapur: A self-styled Naxal "commander" carrying a reward of Rs 17,000 on his head was on Thursday arrested from Ahraura area.
Vinod Kharwar, who is "area commander" of Munna Vishwakarma gang, was arrested from Nauhatta village, Additional Superintendent of Police Lallan Rai said.
A rifle, grenades and other explosives were recovered from Vinod`s possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'