Naxal commander held in UP
Sonebhadra: A self-styled zonal commander of a Naxal group, carrying a cash reward of Rs three lakh on his head, was on Thursday arrested along with an associate from the Kanach jungles near here.
Munna Vishwakarma, on whose head the Uttar Pradesh government had declared a cash reward of Rs 2.5 lakh and the Bihar government Rs 50,000, was arrested following a gun-battle near Jhariya Nala in Chopan police station area early this morning.
His associate, identified as Ajit Kol, was also carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 announced by the Bihar government, they said.
A large number of weapons were also recovered from their possession, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt should put evidence before court: Chidambaram on Karti
- SHOCKING: Milan metro suspended ahead of UEFA Champions League final match
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!