Naxal commander held in UP
Sonebhadra: A self-styled zonal commander of a Naxal group, carrying a cash reward of Rs three lakh on his head, was on Thursday arrested along with an associate from the Kanach jungles near here.
Munna Vishwakarma, on whose head the Uttar Pradesh government had declared a cash reward of Rs 2.5 lakh and the Bihar government Rs 50,000, was arrested following a gun-battle near Jhariya Nala in Chopan police station area early this morning.
His associate, identified as Ajit Kol, was also carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 announced by the Bihar government, they said.
A large number of weapons were also recovered from their possession, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?