Naxal commander held in UP
Sonebhadra: A self-styled zonal commander of a Naxal group, carrying a cash reward of Rs three lakh on his head, was on Thursday arrested along with an associate from the Kanach jungles near here.
Munna Vishwakarma, on whose head the Uttar Pradesh government had declared a cash reward of Rs 2.5 lakh and the Bihar government Rs 50,000, was arrested following a gun-battle near Jhariya Nala in Chopan police station area early this morning.
His associate, identified as Ajit Kol, was also carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 announced by the Bihar government, they said.
A large number of weapons were also recovered from their possession, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31