Naxalite arrested in Munger
Munger: Police today arrested a
naxalite wanted in connection with over 12 cases from Lalmatia
village in Bihar`s Munger district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided a hideout and
nabbed the naxalite, identified as Sanjay Soren and
seized from his possession a pistol, ammunition, a police
uniform, dry fruits and ultra-left literature, Kharagpur
region`s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Atish Chandra
The ultra was wanted in over a dozen cases, including
the double murder case of Diwakar Singh and Udit Singh in
Tapri village in 2005, he said.
Soren was being questioned to find out details of his
activities, Chandra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO
- Russia facing Rio Olympic, Paralympic ban