Naxalite dies in custody, Nitish orders probe
Aurangabad/Patna: A Naxalite died on Thursday in police custody at Barun police station area in Bihar`s Aurangabad district as Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ordered a probe in the matter.
Madan Yadav, alias Dineshji, the `sub-zonal commander` of a Naxal outfit, died in the police lock up due to ill health, Superintendent of Police (SP) S.K. Jain said.
The cause of the death will be confirmed only after autopsy of the body, he said.
A resident of Gaya district, Dineshji was arrested yesterday during a joint operation by Aurangabad and Gaya police at Jogia village in Aurangabad district, Jain said.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister ordered a probe by the ADG (Headquarters) and IG (Prison) in the custodial death of the Naxalite and said if anyone was found guilty he will not be spared.
The state government will pay compensation to the kin of the Naxalite, the CM he said but did not elaborate on the amount of compensation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani