Naxalite dies in custody, Nitish orders probe
Aurangabad/Patna: A Naxalite died on Thursday in police custody at Barun police station area in Bihar`s Aurangabad district as Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ordered a probe in the matter.
Madan Yadav, alias Dineshji, the `sub-zonal commander` of a Naxal outfit, died in the police lock up due to ill health, Superintendent of Police (SP) S.K. Jain said.
The cause of the death will be confirmed only after autopsy of the body, he said.
A resident of Gaya district, Dineshji was arrested yesterday during a joint operation by Aurangabad and Gaya police at Jogia village in Aurangabad district, Jain said.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister ordered a probe by the ADG (Headquarters) and IG (Prison) in the custodial death of the Naxalite and said if anyone was found guilty he will not be spared.
The state government will pay compensation to the kin of the Naxalite, the CM he said but did not elaborate on the amount of compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016