Naxalite dies in custody, Nitish orders probe
Aurangabad/Patna: A Naxalite died on Thursday in police custody at Barun police station area in Bihar`s Aurangabad district as Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ordered a probe in the matter.
Madan Yadav, alias Dineshji, the `sub-zonal commander` of a Naxal outfit, died in the police lock up due to ill health, Superintendent of Police (SP) S.K. Jain said.
The cause of the death will be confirmed only after autopsy of the body, he said.
A resident of Gaya district, Dineshji was arrested yesterday during a joint operation by Aurangabad and Gaya police at Jogia village in Aurangabad district, Jain said.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister ordered a probe by the ADG (Headquarters) and IG (Prison) in the custodial death of the Naxalite and said if anyone was found guilty he will not be spared.
The state government will pay compensation to the kin of the Naxalite, the CM he said but did not elaborate on the amount of compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends