NCP rules out alliance with BJP-led NDA
Patna: NCP on Sunday ruled out any alliance with the BJP-led NDA keeping in view of its secular ideology.
"There is absolutely no question of NCP joining an alliance with the BJP-led NDA as the former can never be part of a coalition having communal parties in its ranks," its General Secretary Tariq Anwar told reporters.
"Our party President Sharad Pawar has rightly refuted the claims made by the senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi and has categorically spelled out that NCP can never be part of an alliance or government in which the BJP is a part," he said.
On Joshi`s claims that the NCP has brokered temporary truce with the Congress and may join the NDA ahead of the 2014 general elections, the NCP leader asked the former to refrain from making speculation about other political parties.
NCP will organize a two-day national conference at Baroda in Gujarat from September 15 to prepare groundworks for the upcoming assembly polls, he said.
Anwar criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his alleged role in Rs one lakh crore land allotment scam for industrial activities.
He also accused the Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for alleged Rs 2000 crore scam as highlighted by the CAG report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP