NCP rules out alliance with BJP-led NDA
Patna: NCP on Sunday ruled out any alliance with the BJP-led NDA keeping in view of its secular ideology.
"There is absolutely no question of NCP joining an alliance with the BJP-led NDA as the former can never be part of a coalition having communal parties in its ranks," its General Secretary Tariq Anwar told reporters.
"Our party President Sharad Pawar has rightly refuted the claims made by the senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi and has categorically spelled out that NCP can never be part of an alliance or government in which the BJP is a part," he said.
On Joshi`s claims that the NCP has brokered temporary truce with the Congress and may join the NDA ahead of the 2014 general elections, the NCP leader asked the former to refrain from making speculation about other political parties.
NCP will organize a two-day national conference at Baroda in Gujarat from September 15 to prepare groundworks for the upcoming assembly polls, he said.
Anwar criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his alleged role in Rs one lakh crore land allotment scam for industrial activities.
He also accused the Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for alleged Rs 2000 crore scam as highlighted by the CAG report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh