NCP rules out alliance with BJP-led NDA
Patna: NCP on Sunday ruled out any alliance with the BJP-led NDA keeping in view of its secular ideology.
"There is absolutely no question of NCP joining an alliance with the BJP-led NDA as the former can never be part of a coalition having communal parties in its ranks," its General Secretary Tariq Anwar told reporters.
"Our party President Sharad Pawar has rightly refuted the claims made by the senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi and has categorically spelled out that NCP can never be part of an alliance or government in which the BJP is a part," he said.
On Joshi`s claims that the NCP has brokered temporary truce with the Congress and may join the NDA ahead of the 2014 general elections, the NCP leader asked the former to refrain from making speculation about other political parties.
NCP will organize a two-day national conference at Baroda in Gujarat from September 15 to prepare groundworks for the upcoming assembly polls, he said.
Anwar criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his alleged role in Rs one lakh crore land allotment scam for industrial activities.
He also accused the Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for alleged Rs 2000 crore scam as highlighted by the CAG report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India